The whining ensues. The tweens want to know how much longer — they’re hot and bored. The teens just want to get back to texting their friends. And just like that…this fun, educational family trip has fallen to pieces.
There’s a better way mama! How can you make your next trip to the zoo an unforgettable one (even your teens will be excited about)? A trip they’ll all walk away from where they’ve actually learned something.
How to make this your best zoo trip ever!
- Download the zoo photo scavenger hunt below — there’s a teen version and a younger kid version.
- Consider inviting friends to come along with you (the more the merrier).
- Stay together or divide the kids into groups of 2 or 3.
- Make sure all the teams have a zoo map, a Zoo Photo Scavenger Hunt checklist, a pen or pencil, and a digital camera or phone with camera. (The camera is optional, but it certainly makes it a lot more fun.)
- Give all the teams a time limit and a specific location to meet at the end of the time limit.
- Award points for every animal found. Congratulate the winners!