Equipped! Tools for Exploring the Bible
A Bible survey class that will give your teen the tools they need to read and understand the Bible.
Registration is now closed for the 2020-2021 school year. We will reopen again in early 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
What’s the most important skill your child needs before leaving home?
Parents can be borderline obsessive about their teen graduating…
- Have they taken enough science?
- Are they “well rounded”?
- How about volunteer hours?
…but the question you should probably be thinking about has nothing to do with what your teen KNOWS, and everything to do with what they believe.
The skill your teen needs, more than any other, is this:
The ability to not just read the Bible, but to understand it.
Most Bible courses focus on stories. Events. Details.
But without understanding the context the books of the Bible were written in, will your teen really grasp the beauty and depth of scripture?
…a fully supported Bible program that builds a habit of being in the Word every day
…engaging discussion that brings Bible events to life, and helps your teen see them as relevant and important
…video lessons that don’t just teach “what the Bible says,” but how to read the Bible, so they enter adulthood with practical skills to support their faith—for a lifetime
Sound too good to be true?
The high school Bible curriculum that gives your teen the tools, techniques, and context for exploring the Christian faith not as children, but as young adults.
How does it work?
Incorporating Equipped! into your teen’s weekly study schedule is simple, and almost hands-off for parents.
Your teen will:
Log in to the online classroom to watch two teaching videos each week. Take notes in the student guidebook to cement new learning.
Use the daily Bible reading guide for short, easy-to-digest pieces of scripture that exemplify the week’s teaching.
Add events to the year-long Timeline or maps to see how New Testament events relate to significant historical events
Answer weekly discussion questions to help your teen think more deeply about what they’re studying.
…and YOU can keep track of your teen’s progress with reports in your parent dashboard from weekly quizzes.
What’s Included in the Course?
2 engaging video lessons each week that walk your student through each book of the New Testament so they will understand how to study the Bible as literature and understand the major themes in each book
Student guidebook that will assist your student in grasping the important concepts, help them learn new terms, and assist in note-taking
A timeline your students will fill in, so they can see significant Biblical events alongside historical events
Online graded quizzes and exams, so you can take a break from correcting your teen’s work
Discussion questions to help your teen think more deeply about the Scripture and how it applies to their life
Maps your student will fill in so your teen can visualize the journeys of Jesus and the apostles
Join the Equipped! class and your teen will experience faith from a whole new perspective.
Equipped! Tools for Exploring the Bible (Level C)New Testament
- ✅ 35 weeks of engaging video lessons — 2 every week
- ✅ Student Guidebook* with lesson outlines your student can fill in to help with notetaking
- ✅ Discussion questions to help your teen think more deeply about the Scripture and how it applies to their life
- ✅ Weekly comprehension quizzes
- ✅ Examinations to gauge your student’s understanding
- ✅ Daily New Testament reading guide
- ✅ A timeline your students will fill in, so they can see significant Biblical events alongside historical events
- ✅ Maps your student will fill in so your teen can visualize the journeys of Jesus and the apostles
- ✅ Course guide
- ✅ Start anytime and get 12 months of access
- ✅ Payment plans now available!
- Generous multi-student discounts available
About your instructor
Hi, I’m Luke. Since 2001 I have been teaching young people about the Bible. My masters education at Reformed Theological Seminary deepened my passion for teaching the Bible rightly. I believe teens can be equipped with tools to study the Bible themselves and grow in their personal faith in Jesus for the rest of their lives. Enroll below, and I’ll see your teen this Fall.
New Testament Survey
In this 35-week survey of the New Testament, your teen will learn…
- The 5 important questions you need to ask for accurate interpretation of any Bible passage
- Why the parables of Jesus are some of the most surprising stories in the Bible—especially to those who heard them for the first time
- How the message of Jesus was so countercultural for its own day—and why it continues to be in our own
- One person wrote more words in the New Testament than anyone else—and his perspective on Jesus will surprise you
- Paul letters might feel random at first, but once you critically examine these texts, you’ll learn just how sharp, sarcastic—and entertaining—he can be
- You can’t understand Jesus or the apostles without first understanding the Jewish world in which they lived—but then their message comes to life in an exciting way
The tools you need to interpret the Bible aren’t complicated…but once your teen learns them through this class, they’ll never look at the Bible the same way again.
Can my student earn high school credit for this course?
Yes, you can list it on your student’s high school class as a Bible, literature, or elective class.
When will this course begin?
We’re open for registration for only a few days! Register now for a November 1st start date.
Regisration will then close for the 2020 school year and reopen in early Spring 2021.
How long will I have access to the course?
Your student will have access to the course for 1 year — you choose when your student begins the course.
Does my child have to view the videos on specific days?
No, the videos are recorded so your student can watch them whenever it’s convenient for them.
What additional books and supplies will I need?
A Bible in whatever translation you prefer. I’ll largely be quoting from the ESV throughout the course.
Do you have a Statement of Faith I can read?
Yes, you can check it out here.
Do you offer options to use this in a Co-Op?
We do not this year, but hope to have that option available in 2021!
What is your refund policy?
Our Fabulous Fit Promise!
We have a Fabulous Fit Promise We want this course to be a fabulous fit for your family. Based on our parent and student feedback, we think you will be delighted with the course.
However, we offer a 100% money-back, happiness guarantee within 30 days of the course start date OR 6 months from purchase date (whichever is less).